Thursday, October 2, 2008

MRI RESULTS

No abnormal masses or lesions were found, and all the ligaments appear intact. YES!! But there was a few problems as described below..

L3-4 Mild intervertebral disc degeneration without neural compression.

L4-5 Central/right paracentral disc protrusion with mild impression on the ventral thecal sac centrally and to the right of midline.

L5-S1 Intervertebral disc degeneration. Central disc extrusion with mild impression on each S1 root.

She basically said it's not that bad and I probably don't need surgery, then referred me to someone else that will call me sometime to set up an apt! I would like to try traction or a decompression tecnique personally, because I have been through physical therapy 4 times with no change in my back pain. I have not been able to manage my back pain for the past 7-10 yEArs......it manages mE!

Sometimes I feel like doctors don't believe my pain and illnesses due to my age, I could be wrong but that's just the vibe I get. Even though the proof is starring them in their faces. They look at me in disbelief when I tell them that the vicodin does absolutely nothing for my pains so I don't take them. I am so emotionally distraught with everything that has happened to me this past year that I can't swallow the lump in my throat and hold back the tears long enough to insiST that I need something else. I believe my back pain stems from horse riding accidents when I was about 10, and another about 8 years ago..

Why become a doctor if you don't know enough about pain and pain medications to help your patients, after all, that iS why they became doctors right, to help people.....?

No comments: