Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome everyone!!

Good day and welcome to my piece of history!! This is my first of many blog entries to come!

I am creating this blog to tell about my personal Rheumatoid Arthritis journey that has oh just started, and to give my general opinions on things that interest me....also just random chat and rant about random things and thoughts...

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am 28 years young and I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in December 2007, three months after the birth (c-section) of my 3rd child. My first symptoms were on august 30, 2007 when I thought I had just slept on my shoulder wrong. Within one week I was stricken with pain and could not move my arm from the shoulder to the finger tips. With days, every joint in my body was shutting down and I was stuck in bed slowly dying of agonizing pain. My poor doctor told me it was postpartum from having the baby and tried to give me Prozac LOL! I refused and suffered until the blood tests came, then was given Prednisone get get my mobility back while waiting for the Rheumatologist. The prednisone cleared up everything up then, but my RA has come to settle mostly in my wrists and hands.

I currently take 0-15 mg of Prednisone daily and it is doing my absolutely no good, I have to start back on my Humira but I'm just too scared. My hands have been swollen for five months, ever since I quit my Humira because I felt like it was not working well enough for all of the possible side affects (boy was I wrong!), and I have pain in most joint 24/7, and not to mention my Fibromialgia and insomnia phenomenons, and all of the mental changes that are taking place.

I also suffer from chronic lower back pain for about 14 years, that may be due to a couple of horse riding accidents I had when I was younger. Last week I finally had an MRI scan done of my back and I go in today to get the results..........to be continued...........

No comments: